We want your visit with us to be as relaxing and trouble-free as possible. Before you arrive, please become familiar with these few simple facts. Observe the rules and regulations while visiting the Blue Ridge Tunnel.
The trail is open from sunrise to sunset. Please be cognizant inside the tunnel of other visitors and beware of uneven ground. BRING FLASHLIGHTS!
The roadway and the land leading to the trailhead/park is privately owned and visitors should obey all parking signage. There is no overnight or RV camping at either trailhead.
Virginia’s natural areas have small parking areas, some as few as 8-10 spaces. When the lot is full, the attraction is full.
- If the lot is full when you arrive, please come back another time.
- Park only in designated spots, not on roadsides.
- Have a backup plan for your day in case parking is not available.
Easier access on the east for those seeking a less strenuous experience (and is recommended for accessibility for wheelchair users).
Bikes: We recommend east trail for bikes as well. Cyclists must yield to pedestrians. Bring flashlights or headlamps!
- Help preserve the trails and tunnel. Please do not cut or scar any plants or trees.
- Collecting any animal or plant is strictly prohibited. Remember, take only pictures and leave only footprints.
- Refrain from feeding wild animals. Litter and garbage are unsightly and attract and injure animals.
- Please use the trash containers or pack all trash out in our trash-free parks. The releasing of balloons is not allowed. Decorative balloons must be deflated and disposed of as trash.
- Help prevent trail erosion. Walk along designated trails only. Mountain bikes are permitted only on roads. Please don’t create your own trail.
The operation of golf carts, utility vehicles and all-terrain vehicles is prohibited by law. Drones, other unmanned aerial vehicles including remote control aircraft, and aircraft in general cannot be flown.
State law prohibits alcohol use. Smoking is not allowed inside the tunnel. Guests should properly dispose of cigarette butts. Fireworks are prohibited.
Overnight camping is prohibited and considered trespassing.
Anything illegal elsewhere in Virginia is illegal at the Blue Ridge Tunnel.