A scenic driving and short walking trail offers views of Piney River as it cascades over large rocks. It is stocked for fishing and has good swimming holes.
- Take Route 56 west to Massies Mill, turn on SR 666 (Dickie Road).
- Follow SR 666 for a total of approximately 4 miles past Dickie Brothers Orchard where the road becomes a gravel road then winds up and over the mountain offering mountain views of the Blue Ridge.
- At the foot of the mountain turn right onto Route 827.
- Route 827 goes into the George Washington National Forest and parallels the North Fork of the Piney River.
- Park along the roadside and walk beside the river (except where private property is posted) which offers scenic views of this mountain stream.